I designed her outfit. I hope everyone likes it.
I designed her outfit. I hope everyone likes it.
never not reblog
…or at least some of the things, since I know there will be more to add, and I’ll forget things, and openly admit to not knowing all the things. At least not all at once.
One of the most popular types of cleansing. Often called “smudging” by those who don’t know the difference. Please don’t call it that - it’s appropriative and just not a good thing to do.
Basically you take a bundle of herbs, set it on fire, blow it out so it’s just embers, and let the smoke cleanse the area. Protip: disable fire alarms and automatic sprinkler systems before doing this.
Things that I have personally used with good effect:
- white sage - the most popular, but also incredibly overharvested, and now kind of endangered
- kitchen or cooking sage - same family of plant, slightly different effect
- rosemary - one of my personal favorites. Personal experience says it’s also a warding plant, but your mileage may vary on that.
- basil - not as powerful, but it works in a pinch
- thyme - again, not quite as powerful, but it does all sorts of wonders to shoo away small, dark, wispy, cloud- or fog-shaped entities. Don’t know what they’re called but they didn’t like it.
I really don’t know what to say about this. I’ve always pulled the unhealthy energy into myself, filtered it to make it neutral, and let it back out. Not necessarily turning it into positive energy because my personal beliefs include a balance between positive and negative energies, and doing anything beyond neutralizing it will just send the negative to some other poor sap. The negative that is then in myself usually ends up being stored up and stuck into some big, nasty spell at some point. Use what you’ve got!
Most people are pretty familiar with this one. Set something out in either the sunlight or the moonlight and let it work its magic.
What’s usually ignored is the fact that diffused natural light is fabulous! I’ve personally had items recharge and cleanse better on a cloudy or foggy day/night than at any other time.
…and speaking of clouds, weather is just awesome. Ever leave a window cracked while it was raining, to get the clean smell? That’s more than just a smell. The rain is cleansing. So is the sound of thunder, and the flash of lightning. Each in a different way.
Snow works just as well, and so does… DIRT! The last thing you would expect to hear, but using:
- crystals (part of the earth)
- potting soil
- garden soil
- graveyard dirt
- mountain stones
- river rocks
or a myriad of other earthy items in cleansing can be just what’s needed to really get into the cracks. Quite literally sometimes. Which leads us to one of the essentials:
Don’t forget the salt!
Sam and Dean would never forgive you if you did.
Really, though, this is a 101 level fix for things. Salt. I posted not too long ago (yesterday? day before?) about using a spray bottle filled with salt water to cleanse a 1200 square foot apartment in less than ten minutes. The SO person even commented that it felt different as soon as he walked in the door from work.
Wax and Oil
Again, those things that people don’t think about. Wax and oil have been used to clean and strengthen wooden objects for centuries. Even today’s furniture polishes have a little bit of oil in them (despite the fact that most furniture is no longer made of wood). It doesn’t take much at all, and working it into whatever is being cleansed also takes some effort, so it puts a little more intent behind it.
Oil is also used to clean and polish weaponry - think swords and knives on this one, especially ceremonial stuffs. It also serves as a protective layer to prevent rust. Kids, ask your parents about having to “season” cast iron cookware - they’ll probably laugh, but might tell you about it anyway.
Because, sometimes, you just have to take the top surface off to get rid of the nasties.
If there’s anything I missed, or anything that needs clarification, please drop an ask. This was an off-the-cuff informative post after lots of school and caffeine, so may need revision in the future.
I have a few copies of “Playboy” from the 1970s stashed away somewhere. One of them has a letter where a guy writes in saying, “I met this really gorgeous, sweet woman, and we were planning to get married, but she sat me down yesterday and told me that she had a sex change before she met me. Mr. Hefner, should I marry someone who used to be a man?” and the response was, “So she had a sex change, big whoop. Would you be asking this question if she’d made any other change in her life before she met you? You love the woman she is now, and that’s all that should matter. If you want kids you can adopt or something.”
I feel so conflicted right now
That awkward moment when Hugh Hefner is more trans-positive than most feminists of the same era.
i actually watched a documentary on him and playboy a while ago and from what i recall basically he wanted to publish a magazine about real issues and put naked ladies in it so men would actually pay attention
I actually have big time respect for the Playboy/girl franchise. Shoot, I wouldn’t even mind working for them as an illustrator or something drawing them erotica and shit. Just…dunno if that’s a thing there. xD
Just a couple of fans here and we’re working on a new gay webseries coming out of Anchorage, Alaska. We love your blog and we were hoping you could give us some feedback on our videos. Keep up the awesome work!
For getting rid of bad luck/evil/negativity i suggest meditation:
1. Sit or lay down in a confortable place, where you wont be disturbed
2. You can use a candel and focus on the light or just close your eyes and relax
3. Imagine a ball of white light starting from your feet going to your head, slowly covering all your body
4. Imagine black/green smokes leaving your body; while you visualize the smoke, think of all the negativity/evil/bad luck/disease leaving you through that smoke and disappearing forever
5. Stay in that moment feeling the goodness, feeling happiness, feeling the connection to the divine. Imagine all good feelings passing through you.
5. Repeat this exercise at least 10 minutes a day
6. You can chant, sing, or pray during this period or after
7. You can write down your fears/negativity/bad luck and burn the paper in the candle; while doing this, fully visualize those things fading away (this visualization/faith part is extremely important). Connect yourself to the divine, or call upon the divine while doing this.
This part of the movie always speaks to me on a deep and extremely emotional level.
I have what is called ‘photosensitivity’. I start breaking out in hives and it itches/burns like Hell!
I can only imagine what it is like to actually die from it. And to see a little girl die like that is just really sad.
She is appalled!!
Cake like Lady Gaga!
Vine by kate
What.. The.. Fuck?! XD
I’m going to die!!
In honor of October, here are some healthy pumpkin recipes:
I am 21 today! :D
GAAAHHHH!! :D It’s so adorable! <3